Updates made on 2/27/21 in red.
1.1 Terms of Service
Please read these Terms of Service carefully. They contain the legal terms and conditions that govern game play provided to you by Mweor, including information, text, images, graphics, data or other materials, products and services provided through http://www.mweor.com (“Mweor”, “the site”), and software, programs and code forming or incorporated in to http://www.mweor.com (the "Game").
By using the Game, you have read and agreed to be bound by all Terms ("Terms of Service"), which contains provisions applicable to everyone. You also agree that you are 13 years of age or older. All minors must receive parent permission before accessing and utilizing the site.
Mweor strives to be safe and welcoming to all its users, but ultimately user-submitted content might not always adhere to the Terms of Service. While Mweor is moderated for such content, we are not responsible or liable for any user-submitted content.
This Terms of Service is not exhaustive. Any issue not clearly expressed by the below terms will be handled on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of staff.
Mweor, part of Mweor LLC, is owned privately by me (“I”). Mweor is an online fantasy cat simulation consisting of many fairy-tale things, some as defined below.
- User - A person accessing the game, and thus, agreeing to abide by the Terms
- Staff - A hired or volunteer member of staff including administrators, coders, artists, moderators, and helpers
- Cattery - The profile page and contained mweors kept by each user
- Currency - Mweor contains fairy-tale currencies, most prominently including “MP” and “MM”
- Virtual Items - Mweor contains virtual items including, but not limited to, fairy-tale cats (named “Mweors”), accessories, pets, backgrounds, etc.
- Artistic Materials – Digital art, including avatars, mweor images, layout images, and characters
- General Legal Terms
2.1 Site Availability
Mweor reserves the right to shut down at any time, for any length of time, or permanently without any warning or reason given. Mweor is not liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Game. It is recommended that you, the user, back-up important information (design and custom images, RP logs, etc.) in the event of Mweor’s closure.
Mweor obtains a user's IP address and email. Mweor uses the IP address to track users on the site and the email address to send account notices and password retrieval help. Please ensure that your email address is valid and accessible. Mweor uses "cookies" for several purposes, including personalizing a user's experience, maintaining a user's account information, as well as all of that account's possessions. Mweor will not distribute any of your information to any third party.
2.3 Trademarks & Copyright
The images, text, and code of this site belong to Mweor. You agree not to plagiarize, steal, or otherwise pilfer any of these materials without the sole permission of the administrators. Mweor images are not to be sold for any sort of currency, real or fake. You may use mweor images containing the "mweor.com" watermark off-site provided that the "mweor.com" watermark remains intact and clearly visible.
2.4 Copyright Violations
A user is responsible and accepts complete liability for any content he or she uploads onto Mweor and agrees that Mweor is not responsible for it. This includes, but is not limited to, pictures posted or linked to without the permission from the holder of the Copyright and programming code that is copyrighted by another party.
Any use found to be in direct connection with uploading, selling, or tracing copyrighted material will result in serious consequences and may result in a banned ("frozen") account.
If you, as a player of Mweor, find a player in violation of copyrights, the following information should be submitted with your report to assist the staff team in investigating the claim:
- link(s) to the art in question
- a link to the original if known
- proof of ownership if the art is owned by you
- any other pertinent information
If you are not a Mweor member and you believe your art has been used without your permission, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much of the above information as possible along with information detailing why you believe this is occurring on Mweor.
2.5 External Links
Mweor may provide links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Mweor is not responsible or liable for: the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or the Content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Mweor. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
2.6 Disclaimer of Warranty & Limitation of Liability
Mweor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the availability of the game. You expressly agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk. You acknowledge mweor is not liable for your potential defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct, and you expressly assume all risks and responsibility for damages and losses arising from such conduct. Mweor shall not be liable for any injuries of any kind arising from use of the game, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, and emotional damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of or limitations on certain warranties or injury. In this event, the list of exclusions or limitations may not apply to you within your jurisdiction.
2.7 Amendment of the Terms
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time at our sole discretion. If you have registered as a member, we shall notify you of any material change to these Terms (and the effective date of such changes) by indicating changes have occurred in a news post and highlighting any recent changes on the Terms of Service. If you continue to play Mweor after the effective date of the revised Terms, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, your sole remedy shall be to discontinue use of the Game.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Mweor and you with respect to your playing of the Game. Mweor's failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court should find that one or more provisions contained in these Terms is invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Terms shall be enforceable. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Washington.
- User Terms & Conduct
Users (of 13 years of age or older) may register up to 2 accounts on the site. These accounts require an email address and password, both provided by the user. Mweor is not responsible for the use, or lack thereof, valid email addresses or secure passwords - this falls to the user’s responsibility. Upkeep of the security of user passwords also falls to the user. Passwords should not be shared with others, including staff.
3.2 User Privileges & Suspension/Termination of Privilege
The use of Mweor and any of its individual features is considered a privilege. Any and all privileges on the website could be suspended or terminated at any time due to not following the Terms of Service. In the event of an account suspension or ban, the section of the Terms of Service that was broken will be provided to you for review. These decisions are made at the discretion of the site’s staff, based upon these Terms of Service.
You will not own more than two user accounts, active or inactive, on Mweor. This includes previous inactive or banned/frozen accounts. Ownership of an account is defined as, but not limited to:
- Having access to login to a given account using the password and username
- Funneling resources en masse to another user within the same IP address
Should multiple members of the same household play Mweor, submit a ticket to the ModBox with information regarding which account ID numbers belong to which individuals, and a note will be made on the accounts.
You agree that you will not provide any information to Mweor that is false or misleading, or that attempts to hide your identity during registration and use of user accounts.
3.4 Shared Accounts & Account Transfers
Sharing accounts or transferring (selling, trading, or giving away) accounts is strongly recommended against. Should you choose to share or transfer your account, Mweor and its staff are not responsible or liable for any losses that may occur due to account security.
You agree that you will not interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) the game play or servers. This includes the use of scripts and bots (including refresh bots), intended to automatically run aspects of the website for any reason including currency gain.
The use of VPNs, Tor browsers, and other proxies to bypass the punishment on an account is not allowed and will result in all accounts associated with the user being banned permanently.
If you find any bugs, defined as errors in the code of Mweor, you agree to post it on the Bug Board, describing the location of the bug and what you were doing when you found it. Any user who abuses a bug may be warned, fined, suspended, and/or banned.
3.6 Art Theft
Art theft is a form of Copyright Violation, including but not limited to selling, displaying, or giving away artwork or coding which is not your own without the original artist's permission; using photographs which are subject to copyright; copying and pasting another user’s layout code; tracing and then claiming as your own artwork based on a copyrighted image used without permission is not allowed. Artwork you have made yourself depicting copyrighted materials may be sold for Mweor currency (MM/MP) only. In the event that art theft occurs within art staff, the staff member(s) in question will immediately be placed on probation in order to investigate and assess the situation.
3.7 Accessible User Content
As a user of Mweor, you will be granted the privilege of participating in chat rooms and forums on the website as part of the game, which means you may post user-submitted content in the form of text and artistic materials for display in these areas of the game. All user-submitted content must follow the Terms of Service for the safety of others. Below is a list of forum and communication expectations that must be followed as part of the Terms of Service:
- Excessive use of caps on the boards and chat room is not permitted. Limited use of caps to bring attention to small details of posts is allowed. Entire posts, sentences or post titles in capital letters are not permitted. Over five words in a row is considered excessive caps.
- Excessive use of bright/light colors on the boards and chat room is not permitted. The definition of bright/light colors is subject to common sense: text should be visible and easy to read for fellow players. If a player has to highlight text to see it, it is too bright/light and must be edited.
- Users are allowed to use images as avatars as long as they do not violate any part of the Terms of Service. Avatars are sized 100 x 100 pixels.
- Images, including but not limited to avatars, backgrounds, layout images, which include animation with excessive flashing/blinking or rapid movement that may cause medical issues are not allowed. This will be at the discretion of staff.
- Staff and users are not responsible for tagging sensitive, but allowable, content for trigger warnings or other sensitive tags. However, this is recommended as a common courtesy.
3.8 Monitoring Content
Mweor has no ability to fully monitor the content users upload, post, or otherwise transmit using the site and does not have any obligation to monitor such content for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all content and material you upload, post or otherwise transmit while using the site. Mweor and its staff attempt to hold Mweor to a PG or PG-13 rating.
Mweor and its staff hold the right to:
- Remove posts, images, cattery pages, mweor names and descriptions, and any other user-submitted content
- Verbally warn, fine, suspend, or ban offending players
- Lock, move, pin, and change topics or posts
English is the only language which may be used on Mweor's forums and chat. For any content posted in a language other than English, an English translation must be provided in the same post/content area.
As a user of Mweor, you agree to be subject to and to conduct yourself in accordance with the following guidelines. You must have the legal right to copy, distribute and display all parts of any content that you upload or otherwise copy, distribute and display. Content provided to you by others or made available through websites is protected by copyright and shall not be uploaded, downloaded, or otherwise copied, distributed or displayed without the consent of the copyright owner.
You agree not to use the game/boards/chat/or any other function of Mweor:
- for any unlawful purposes as determined by federal law in the United States of America;
- to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that is obscene, offensive, blasphemous, pornographic, unlawful, threatening, menacing, abusive, harmful, an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
- to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other property right or artist's right;
- to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material which is likely to cause harm to Mweor or anyone else's computer systems, including but not limited to that which contains any virus, code, worm, data or other files or programs designed to damage or allow unauthorized access to the Game which may cause any defect, error, malfunction or corruption to the Game;
- to post any scripts outside of the www.mweor.com domain, including but not limited to private chat boxes, music, glitter graphics and counters. Only HTML and CSS are permitted;
- for cursing; Cursing includes but is not limited to: all words blocked by the site's bad word filter, usage of symbols to represent curse words or to evade the bad word filter, acronyms in which one or more of the words (if spelled out) would be a word blocked by the site’s bad word filter, and content which contains more than three censored words caught by the bad word filter. Cursing includes any and all slurs.Exclusions to cursing include: hell, piss, and ass. These are not considered curse words and are allowed on Mweor;
- for griefing, including but not limited to interfering with or degrading others ability to play the game in a friendly and hassle free environment, block evading, deliberately causing one to feel unwelcome on any publicly accessible parts of the game, publicly destroying the reputation of another player (including public black listing), name calling (including offensive terms for new players), making accusations of theft or scamming in public, and threatening behavior including fake acts of violence towards others is not permitted. In addition, posting content to intentionally antagonize other players or start a flame war is not allowed;
- for player harassment; defined as the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group against another player, including threats and demands;
- to impersonate staff, including but not limited to pretending to have been a mod in the past or present, or threatening other players with fines/punishments.
- to post personal information such as full names, contact information, or the specific location of anyone, even yourself;
- for Spamming. Spamming includes but is not limited to: flooding the boards, chat, or player inboxes, sending or posting unsolicited messages such as chain letters in private messages or on the boards or chat, bumping multiple old posts, posting advertisements in any board other than the dedicated Advertising Boards;
- for public discussion of inflammatory issues such as politics and religion, including but not limited to: elections, political debates, laws, religious validity, and other contentious issues. Political discussions are defined as the debate of issues pertaining to laws, rights, equality, beliefs, etc. (For example: “I believe x because of y, and I disagree that z should be legal.”)
While politics are extremely important, we do not feel it is appropriate or possible to attempt to moderate or monitor the content in a fair, unbiased, and consistent manner. Self-affirming tags/statements on nicknames, cattery pages, shop pages, custom names, custom descriptions, design names, etc. are acceptable as long as they do not insult a group of people. Sexuality, identity, and support of equality groups are not considered politics, and may be discussed as long as all discussion remains PG and positive (i.e. resource-focused). Mweor and its staff believe that everyone regardless of race, creed, age, sex, gender, disability, or sexuality should be treated equally, have access to equal rights, and most specifically are welcome, accepted, and celebrated on Mweor!
- For linking to content intended to circumnavigate any of these expectations. This includes linking to offsite black lists, hate blogs, harassing content, doxxing content, or any other content intended to circumnavigate the above expectations. While our Terms of Service only applies to behavior onsite, using links to harass, harm, dox, or otherwise grief others will be treated as if the offending content occurred on site.
3.11 Advertising & Soliciting
Advertisement and solicitation of activities mean the offering, solicitation, or sale of goods or services by anyone other than Mweor. Advertisement and solicitation activities with respect to in-game goods and artistic materials are permitted for in-game currencies for registered members acting as individuals. Users may sell art for which they possess full rights to for USD. No other forms of advertisement may be done without the awareness and consent of the staff team.
All advertising should occur in the correct forums. Please read forum descriptions to determine what advertisements go where. If you are engaging in off-site trading, please ensure that the other website allows cross-site exchanges before making your post. For example, popular lion, wolf, and horse games do not allow cross-site exchanges in their ToS.
3.12 Warning, Suspension & Banning of Accounts
You agree that Mweor may at any time and without notice warn, suspend, or freeze any or all of your accounts if you fail to comply with the Terms or applicable law. If for some reason you feel a moderation decision was unfair, please dispute the decision on site. If you no longer have access to the site due to being banned, disputes should be sent to email@example.com.
3.13 Selling & Trading
The sale of MM, MP, items, mweors, or accounts for any form of "real life" currency, which includes but is not limited to USD, CD, cryptocurrencies, etc., is strictly prohibited. You agree not to participate in the sale or purchase of such. Players’ MM, MP, accounts, items, and mweors are allowed to be traded/sold for other game goods if the other game allows the same. Selling non-Mweor products is not permitted. These include but are not limited to code (HTML/CSS written for Mweor pages excluded), gaming platforms, art programs, games and live animals.
Buying, Selling and Trading Mweor accounts is permitted for in-game currencies, however players are reminded that: the history of an account's rule-breaking is permanent, regardless of if accounts are sold, traded or handed on; players are responsible for at no time owning more than two accounts, and ownership is defined as but not limited to access to the username and password via email or otherwise for any active, inactive, or frozen account; players are responsible for making sure that the passwords and email address on an account is changed upon transfer.
3.14 Selling of Art
You must hold full rights to any art you sell on Mweor. Any and all sales of art on Mweor that is done for MM, MP, USD, or any other real life currencies, are not the responsibility of Mweor. However, Mweor has a zero tolerance policy for scamming, and should we find what we consider to be conclusive evidence of scamming having occurred, we will IP ban and freeze the offending player(s). Should you decide to purchase art on Mweor, we recommend that you do the following for your own protection:
a. Prior to sending payment, message the artist on Mweor with details of the commission, including:
- A copy of the application form found on the artist's Art Sales Board post. If the artist did not provide a form, include a detailed description of what is being purchased
- A deadline for which the commission should be completed (Ex: 2 weeks)
b. Wait until the artist replies agreeing to the terms before sending payment, and keep the reply for your records
c. If sending payment through an external payment site, include a copy of the Mweor message with your payment
d. If the work/art piece fails to be completed you must go through the payment site used to get a refund. However, if messages showing that both parties agree the work/art piece would be delivered by a certain date, proof of payment is provided, and the artist cannot show that the art was delivered or a new date was negotiated, repercussions for scamming will be investigated by staff. If no evidence is provided which indicates that a clear timeline was agreed upon, the commissioner must wait, with a maximum wait time of 30 days from the commission date. After that point, if the commissioner can show suitable evidence that the agreement between the commissioner and artist was violated, repercussions can be taken but a refund will not be the responsibility of Mweor
Any transaction that is not directly covered by the above outline will be at the artist’s/buyer’s own risk if they proceed, and should a dispute arise, will be handled at the discretion of the staff.
Mweor does not allow for players to ask for donations in the form of “real life” currency which includes but is not limited to USD, CD, etc. However the in-game donation of MP, MM, or items to another player is allowed. Players are allowed to provide a link on the “General Talk Board” to off-site charitable organizations or fundraisers, as long as they are open to any individual who wishes to donate.
This Terms of Service is not exhaustive. Any issue not clearly expressed by the above terms will be handled on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of staff.